Monday, April 9, 2012

Goldfish Baby

Last week, we found out: We're having a boy!!

We couldn't be more excited. Little man took a beautiful sono photo and was very cooperative with the technician. And apparently very proud of his ... boyhood. ;) He sized a little big and his fat and brain symmetry measured just right.




And since then, I have been feeling like my belly is a little portable goldfish bowl. Like there is a little fluttering fish in there just hanging out, kicking around. I'm 19 weeks 3 days and I know it's a little early for the official, oh-my-gosh-I-just-felt-the-baby-move moment. But I am pretty sure I feel him moving. Nothing monumental yet, no jabs or punches. Just little baby butterfly flutters.

I have been a little ... dubious? Uncertain? About feeling the first movement. Just a few weeks ago it seemed like the strangest part of this generally very strange experience: growing your own human inside of your body is a little wild, after all. But now that I can feel his gentle little baby movements, I am kind of excited and anticipating the day when he makes that first big jolt of movement.

My own little resident goldfish baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...