Here are a few of my favorite things for Spring
1. Gardening - You can't beat the warm air and sunshine ... and the feeling of dirt in your hands! Not to mention the fulfillment of having grown your own food. This Spring, I planted several herbs and vegetables. I'm sadly not having a lot of luck with some of the herbs (like dill - it is so delicate and just stops growing when the sproutlings are still little whisps) but my basil and rosemary seem to be growing well. I've planted 2 varieties of grape-type tomatoes, okras, cucumbers, strawberries, bell peppers, lavender, balsam (I did not know what this was! If you don't either, check out the link) ... we'll see if I have any results! I'm really excited about the cucumbers and okras since I have pickling 'supplies' and would like to try my hand at homemade.
|Forget-Me-Not's from last year and (back) a few lemon seeds.|
|Seven little cucumber plants!|
2. Bright colors - I am always a fan of color, all year long. But I think Spring and Summer are just begging for happy colors everywhere:
- Kitchen (cheerful mixing bowls and colored glass)
- Dining table (bold floral and colorful dishes and serveware - obviously fresh flowers make the perfect, simple decoration, too)
- Living room (throw pillows, candles)
- Bedroom (change out the heavy bedding for a bright, light quilt)
|Turquoise enamel colander, $25 (Overstock.com)|
|Zak!Designs Confetti bowl set, $29.00 (Amazon.com)|
|'Catcher' Reamer, $8.00 (Amazon.com)|
|Yellow floral quilt set (3-pieces), $60.00 (Overstock.com)|
|Michael Kors Platinum Nairobi Coverlet Set, $78.00 (Overstock.com)|
|Gray and coral toss pillow, $42.00 (Urbanoutfitters.com)|
3. Shimmer & Tulle - I like things with a bit of sparkle and shine. It makes any old day feel like a special occasion. A tulle skirt can really dress up a look and feels a tiny bit 'formal' and feminine ... great paired with a crisp white shirt or a blazer.
|Silver Shimmer Tank, $25.00 (Bodycentral.com)|
|Gold Shimmer Platform Pump, $50.00 (JCPenney.com)|
|Similar, $48.00 (YesStyle.com) or $29.00 (Forever21.com)|
Find the original photo here - Lookbook user 'Modern Vintage .'
|Norah Headband (and similar), $16.00 (etsy.com)|
Thanks for reading!
What are some of your favorite things for Spring??